I can’t even explain to you how awesome this place is. It’s one of those restaurants that has to be experienced to really understand what it means to eat pounds of shrimp from plastic bags and appreciate exactly how good it can be. So I won’t say too much, except for:
- Make sure you get the shrimp. The other seafood items are also killer but the shrimp are a must have.
- Get the shrimp “the whole sha-bang” – it’s got a mix of cajun spices, lemon pepper, garlic sauce and a secret spice that is ridiculous.
- Don’t wear a light coloured shirt. Although you may be wearing a bib you will more than likely end up with some shrimp or sauce on you.
- Be prepared to wait. We waited 1.5 hours for this and you can’t leave the area, so make sure your phone is charged or you’re with someone you like talking to for a long time.
- It may or may not have been the overload on seafood but I had some pretty crazy dreams that night. Be warned.
This video somewhat demonstrates my enthusiasm for The Boiling Crab. Thank you Dan Hong for the recommendation!
The Boiling Crab’s details
Address: 3377 Wilshire Blvd #115, Los Angeles, CA 90010
Monday – Friday: 3:00pm to 10:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 12:00pm to 10:00pm
Phone: (213) 389-2722