When you want to add rustic appeal to your window treatments, then burlap curtains seems like a great choice. Curtains made of burlap have certain advantages and disadvantages. Before you consider this kind of window treatment, it is suggested to know more about curtains panels.
Burlap Curtains Pros and Cons
I would like to highlight some advantages you get from this curtain style and then I will share its shortcomings.
- Inexpensive:Curtains made with this material are very inexpensive. You don’t have to spend much cost.
- Good privacy: If you are looking for a curtain that offers extreme privacy then you can make curtains with tight woven burlap.
- Country Curtains: These curtains bring rustic appeal and beauty along with it. If you have country or rustic home theme then no doubts such curtains would add enticing touch to overall environment. Such curtains for rustic homes are designed in a simple way.
- Contrast Appeal:These days, people like to have contrast theme in their home. So, when they hang burlap rustic curtains alongside modern wall then this contrast is really eye-catching.
- Durable:This kind of curtains is very durable and they show great resistance to tear.
- Eco-friendly curtains: Burlap curtains toppers are made of natural hem and thus its material is very safe for environment.
Burlap Curtains Cons:
Here are some points which make burlap curtains a bad choice of home window treatment.
- Limited colors:You don’t have much of color choices since burlap is available in a few colors.
- Dust Issue:Burlap curtains store dust for the long time due to their texture. So, if you have some sort of dust allergies then indeed it is not the right kind of window treatment for you.
- Smell:Burlap curtains have earthy odor which is not liked by many people. The best way to deal with this problem is to go for DIY burlap window treatments with a deodorant.
Burlap Curtain ideas
When it comes to styles, you can use them in many different ways. Burlap curtains kitchen could follow cafe curtain style. As far as burlap bathroom curtains are concerned, you can use dark shades for adding aesthetic appeal to space. I have shared many different pictures in the gallery. Explore them and follow the best design ideas.