Organizing kitchen pantry is a common household chore that everyone should know. The basic purpose of this task is to keep everything at its right place at home. When you place things in an organize manner then you feel it really easy to handle cooking. In addition, you can deal unexpected guests without any tension. Every little and important thing of kitchen would be at its specified place; so making delicious mean would not be hard for you. I’m here to share all necessary steps which help you to do this job in a proper way.
How to organize Kitchen Pantry?
- First thing that you need to do is to get rid of unwanted items. It means you need to clear the pantry. Throw out all expired or old items. There are some items that you never use before, so it’s time to remove them.
- Pick a dry towel and then to clean your pantry. You need to clean every shelf.
- Now it’s time to organizing kitchen pantry items. You need to sort all the items depending on their day to day usage. Items that you use almost daily should be at a place when you can grab them easily. Items which you use occasionally can be put at higher shelves.
- When it comes to organizing items, you can set specific category. For example, if you have set one shelf for spices that all spices should be kept here, you don’t need to put irrelevant items there.
- The best way to locate items easily is to define categories and them paste identification mark of every category on each shelf.
- When you have done with sorting, categorizing and tagging the items then next thing is to fill the shelves.
- You can use plastic containers or plastic baskets for keeping small items together at one place.
- It is good to keep breakable and heavy items at lower shelves. Don’t set them on higher shelves; it would cause loss of those items.
- If you a particular shelf is full and you have some items left then you need to put them somewhere in drawers and cabinets.
- The last step is quite important and it is to face your pantry. You need to step back and see whether you have organized kitchen pantry in a brilliant manner or not. If something looks unorganized then you can reorganize it.
Before you start doing this job, you should take a quick look at your kitchen items. This look would make it clear for you what things you would need to store all items. Buy big baskets for keeping vegetables and fruit. You buy sugar, salt, flour, etc in large quantities for one month or more. So, you must have air-tight containers so nothing waste due to humidity. Also learn the best ways to preserve large quantities of essential kitchen ingredients. Buying bulk ingredients is definitely a wise approach to handle home. But if you don’t know how to preserve them in a right way then this wise approach wouldn’t bring good results. Make sure that you have all required things handy while you are going to set this important area of kitchen.
Now you know how to organize kitchen pantry, follow simple steps and keep everything in order in your house.