Do you want to know how to clean a bathtub? First, you need to know what your bath tub type is. You are not able to use same cleaning methods for removing stains of different types of tub. If you use same cleaning products for all then it may not only cause damage to tub but also worse stain. So, first of all you need to know what your bathtub type is.
Common types of bathtub:
Acrylic bathroom tub: This kind of tub is similar to plastic. When you have installed this tub in your bathroom then you should abrasive products. Never use pumice stone for scrubbing it.
Porcelain bathtub: This material is exactly alike to stone. It is the most durable and popular kind of bathtub.
Enamel Bathroom tub: This kind of tub is similar to traditional style tubs. You don’t need to use drain cleaner or bleach on this tub. In case you use bleach or strong acid then rust like brown stain appears permanently on it.
How to Clean a bathtub “Porcelain type”
- You can use a strong cleaning powder for cleaning this tub. You need to spray powder on stain and then add a bit of water. Let it sit for a few minutes and then scrub it a little with scouring pad. Rinse it off.
- When stains are tough then you need to apply cleaning powder and then use a pumice stone to scrub off the toughest stains. Make sure that your tub type is porcelain, as it is the best way to deal with hard stains. If you use pumice stone on acrylic or enamel then it may cause scratches.
- Another way to clean porcelain bathtub is to mix a paste of comet and water. Let this paste sit on tub and sink for half an hour. After this time, you need to do scrubbing. Rinse paste off.
How to Clean a Bathtub “Acrylic type”
Here are some ways that allow you to clean acrylic bathtub in the best manner.
- Keep in mind that you have to wash your tub twice a week. Fill up hot water with dishwashing liquid and then leave it for almost 30 minutes. Empty tub and then use a soft sponge to remove stains. Rinse it off with normal water.
- Another way to remove stain from acrylic bathtub is to use vinegar. Take a spray bottle, add two part vinegar with one part water. Now spray this mixture on stains and leave it for 45 minutes. You need to use soft sponge for scrubbing off the stain. Rinse off tub with warm water.
- You don’t need to go for waxing when it comes to cleaning your acrylic bath tub. Your tub has its natural shine, so no need to put some extra effort.
How to Clean bathtub “Enamel Type”
Here are the best way to remove stains, rings and dirt from enamel bathtubs.
- Go for commercial cleaners that don’t have bleach as the main ingredient.
- You can use hair shampoo to deal with dirty ring around your bathtub. Apply shampoo on ring, let if sit for a few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- When you have some hard to deal stains on enamel bathtub then you should use trisodium phosphates. Mix a tablespoon of it with a gallon of hot water.Now sprinkle this water on tub to remove dirt, grease, etc.
- You never have to use bleach and drain cleaners. If you use bleach then you will see a brown stain just like rust over it. Don’t use acid as they also react with your enamel bathtub. When you have some stains due to use of bleach then you can remove it 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide.
Now you know completely how to clean a bathtub, no matter is porcelain, enamel or acrylic one. Pick the right solution and remove hard stains from your bathtub now.
No related posts found