Primitive decor country home is really popular among those people who love to have a home with welcome feel and appeal. A look at this home makes it clear that it is very simple, unrefined, worn, rustic , rural and quite unsophisticated.
Primitive Decor definition
Here are two definitions that will make clear the concept.
“Primitive decorating is a style of decorating using primitive folk art style that is characteristic of a historic or early Americana time period, typically using elements with muted colors and a rough and simple look to them. Decorating in the primitive style can incorporate either true antiques or contemporary folk art. Contemporary primitive folk art is designed to have an old or antique look but created using new materials. Examples of antiquing techniques used by primitive folk artists include tea or coffee staining and sanding down paint to create a worn, aged look. The style is sometimes referred to as country style
According to goodbycitylife,
Primitive decorating is part flea market finds, part shabby chic, part ‘make-do’
In simple words, you need to design a home with simple and rural style.
For this purpose, you need to use wooden spoons and hang them on the kitchen walls. Mason jars are available widely in the market. So, you can use them for this style country kitchen decor. Another idea is to use cheap rugs in the bedroom.
Primitive wall decor
You surely need to pay attention to wall decoration in a country home. Here are some things which you must have in a primitive rustic decor.
- Barn Stars or Pennsylvania Stars: this 5-point star is a logo for country decoration and a symbol for barn builders. Must set them on walls or hang them in your bedroom to enhance its beauty.
- Sheep on painted wood boards is another great idea you should consider when it comes to your wall decor.
- When it comes to wallpaper for your walls, you should get a wallpaper with willow tree which is very commonly used in rustic primitive decoration.
- Hang some cloth dolls near the fireplace and on your living room walls.
- When it comes to cheap country kitchen decor then chicken wire boards seems the best wall decorating idea.
- Make the most of your old shutter and use it for primitive wall decor and design.
- Candles and lights make an enticing touch into primitive decor country home, so you should grab them. Pick those which have great vintage touch and appeal.
No related posts found
Category: Home decor ideas